Duncan Murdoch of Amber Reef (and author of the AR.c suite) has just released Part 5 in his series on Alternative Deployment and Management for non-persistent VDI, including a cool video demo.
"Now before anyone jumps on me and starts to explain that the technologies underlying the solution in AD&M Part1 and AppVolumes (and any other layering/volumes based technology) are not really “Like”, I know… The title is a bit of fun. Why did I choose it?"
The earlier articles are summarized here.
Alternative Deployment and Management methods for non-persistent VDI, using App-V and FSLogix. FSLogix can be used in this environment to help achieve 6 critical milestones with an existing implementation including;
- Introduce no new infrastructure
- Deliver as many applications on App-V as possible
- Manage the applications on a per-user basis
- Enable DR capabiities for applications and users
- Keep to the principle of a Single Master Image for users and business areas
- Any Technologies introduced should be usable across multiple platforms